Ambedkar toon row: 2 NCERT Text Book advisors resign
New Delhi: Yogendra Yadav and Suhas Palshikar on Friday resigned as advisors of NCERT text book council in the wake of the row over cartoon of BR Ambedkar in school text books.
"Yogendra Yadav who was the chief advisor of the Textbook Development Committee and Suhas Palshikar who was the member of the committee have resigned," sources in the HRD Ministry said.
Palshikar said he has quit the advisor council in the wake of the uproard in Parliament over the issue.
Sources in NCERT said they were already in the process of constitution of a new committee.
They said the cartoon used in the class XI social science textbook `Indian Constitution at Work` was actually sketched back in 1948 by Keshav Shankar Pillai when the framing of the constitution was in process.
Sibal had clarified in Parliament that the textbooks are made by an independent textbook authority - Textbook Development Committee, which comprise academics and not officials of NCERT.
He said none of the existing members of the present Textbook Committee, which had approved the book, will be part of the new Committee set up to examine objectionable caricatures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed