Ambika Soni accuses opposition of double standards
New Delhi: Accusing the opposition of
"double standards", Government on Monday asked why it was raising
the Lokpal issue outside while Parliament is in session.
"In democracy there is a platform for discussion on
every issue. Parliament is the best forum for discussion."
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni told
reporters outside Parliament House here.
Opposition leaders yesterday joined the protest of Anna
Hazare demanding a strong Lokpal.
"Raising issues outside Parliament shows opposition`s
double standards. This is not acceptable," she said adding
"when we speak outside Parliament they say it is against
Soni said, "we also want strong Lokpal but it should be
discussed in Parliament."
Law Minister Salman Khurshid said, "Parliamentary
democracy is based on discussion and there should be
discussion on every issue."
Asked whether opposition did the right thing in
discussing Lokpal issue outside Parliament, Khurshid said
"this should also be discussed in Parliament."
Union Minister Farooq Abdullah said, "Parliament is
supreme. So, they (Opposition) should put forth their views
in Parliament which is the right forum".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border