Ambika Soni accuses opposition of double standards
New Delhi: Accusing the opposition of
"double standards", Government on Monday asked why it was raising
the Lokpal issue outside while Parliament is in session.
"In democracy there is a platform for discussion on
every issue. Parliament is the best forum for discussion."
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni told
reporters outside Parliament House here.
Opposition leaders yesterday joined the protest of Anna
Hazare demanding a strong Lokpal.
"Raising issues outside Parliament shows opposition`s
double standards. This is not acceptable," she said adding
"when we speak outside Parliament they say it is against
Soni said, "we also want strong Lokpal but it should be
discussed in Parliament."
Law Minister Salman Khurshid said, "Parliamentary
democracy is based on discussion and there should be
discussion on every issue."
Asked whether opposition did the right thing in
discussing Lokpal issue outside Parliament, Khurshid said
"this should also be discussed in Parliament."
Union Minister Farooq Abdullah said, "Parliament is
supreme. So, they (Opposition) should put forth their views
in Parliament which is the right forum".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere