Ambitious IPS recruitment runs into trouble
New Delhi: The Centre`s plan to laterally induct additional officers into the Indian Police Service by deploying meritorious junior serving uniformed officers has run into rough weather as final results are on hold even an year after 255 persons were selected for the job by UPSC.
The final results of the maiden subsidiary IPS cadre exam have been caught in litigation.
The plan to put to test young police, paramilitary and Army officers through a written test and interview by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) was taken by the then Home Minister P Chidambaram after finding a large number of vacancies in various cadres of IPS which has been hampering functioning of police forces.
Frustrated by the delay in results, a number of officers, who have written this examination, said told PTI that they are mulling to The final results were declared by the UPSC in July last year and after shortlisting 255 candidates subsequently, the results are stuck as there are more than 75 court cases pending in various courts in respect of this exam and the results are not expected in the next six months too.
"The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) is in constant touch with the UPSC on this subject but there are close to 75 cases pending in various courts and that is holding up the results. There seems to be no breakthrough forthcoming in the next few months," a senior official privy to the development said.
Frustrated by the delay in results, a number of officers, who have written this examination, said that they are mulling to approach the Supreme Court with a PIL alleging the delay in declaration of results is illegal as the?last case in this regard was quashed by the Guwahati High Court on May 14, this year paving way for the declaration of results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!