Amid tension, sweets exchanged on LoC on Eid
Jammu: Amid tension on border due to repeated ceasefire violation by Pakistan, Army on Monday exchanged greetings and sweets with their Pakistani counterparts along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Pakistani Army officials were led by Major Umer Gul of 11 Baloch Regiment and Major Yaseen, while the Indian side was led by Major S Manhas at the flag meeting held at Chakan-Da- Bagh crossing point, officials said.
Indian and Pakistani sides exchanged sweets and greetings on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr in the meeting, which was held in a cordial atmosphere, they said.
Heavy firing exchanges erupted along the International border (IB) late last night after Pakistan violated the ceasefire by targeting Indian posts to push in a group of militants in Akhnoor sector of Jammu district, where one intruder was killed.
It is the 14th time that Pakistan has violated the ceasefire along the IB and LoC in the last fortnight.
Pakistan troops also fired on the forward posts in Krishnagati belt along LoC in Poonch sector violating ceasefire late last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the common causes of red or bloodshot eyes!
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount