Amit Jethwa case: BJP MP`s nephew arrested
Ahmedabad: Shiva Solanki, nephew of BJP MP
Dinu Solanki was today arrested from near the Rajkot airport
in connection with the murder of RTI activist and green
crusader Amit Jethwa here, police said.
"We have arrested Shiva Solanki, from near the Rajkot
airport while he was on his way to Mumbai," Police Crime
Branch Chief Mohan Jha said.
Jethwa had filed a Public Interest Litigation against
illegal mining in Gir forest region in High court few days
before he was shot dead from close range by two unknown
motorcycle-borne assailants near the Gujarat High Court on
His father Bhikabhai Jethwa had alleged that the BJP
MP from Junagarh was behind murder of his son.
Shiva Solanki`s role in the murder was the under the
scanner of the city crime branch, after one of the accused
arrested in the case had revealed his involvement.
Last month, Police had arrested a constable Bahadursinh
Dhirubha Wadher(37) from Junagadh district and one Sanjay
Chauhan in connection with the murder.
A couple of days later, Pachan Shiva (28), one of the two
motorcycle-borne assailants who had shot Jethwa on the night
of July 20 this year was also arrested.
Bhikabhai Jethwa had earlier alleged that BJP MP Dinu
Solanki was behind the killing of his son, and had also
threatened him over telephone on several counts in the past.
He had also alleged that Solanki had threatened his son
many times in Khamba and in Kodinar also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Lodha Panel to have meeting on August 28
- Earthquake: What happened when tremors were felt in Patna - SEE PICS
- GST rate on processed foods should be low or zero: CII
- BCCI sells India-West Indies T20 rights without following Supreme Court mandated tender procedure: Report
- Demi Lovato sued for copyright infringement