Amit Shah asks BJP MPs to remain connected with voters
New Delhi: New BJP president Amit Shah Thursday warned party MPs against any disconnect with voters and asked them to remain connected ahead of the forthcoming Assembly Elections in four states and bypolls in some other states.
Shah, who was addressing party MPs for the first time after his elevation as party chief, asked them to take the upcoming Assembly Elections and bypolls as a challenge and open offices in their respective constituencies to remain connected with the common people.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who chaired the meeting, earlier introduced Shah to the party MPs who accorded a warm welcome to him.
Shah said this was the first time in independent India`s history that a non-Congress government got absolute majority and asked the MPs to take these elections seriously and strive hard to continue with the winning streak by ensuring the party`s victory in the Assembly Elections and bypolls.
He said while it will be the duty of party MPs in the respective states to ensure the party`s victory, MPs from those states which are not poll-bound will also be deployed for party work in the poll-bound states.
Shah also asked party MPs to utilise their MPLADs fund effectively as the public has enstrusted a responsibility on them.
The issue of the current UPSC row was also raised at the meeting, with Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh telling the MPs that the Prime Minister himself is taking the issue seriously and it be will be resolved soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, Thane; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur, Akola