Amit Shah asks BJP MPs to remain connected with voters
New Delhi: New BJP president Amit Shah Thursday warned party MPs against any disconnect with voters and asked them to remain connected ahead of the forthcoming Assembly Elections in four states and bypolls in some other states.
Shah, who was addressing party MPs for the first time after his elevation as party chief, asked them to take the upcoming Assembly Elections and bypolls as a challenge and open offices in their respective constituencies to remain connected with the common people.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who chaired the meeting, earlier introduced Shah to the party MPs who accorded a warm welcome to him.
Shah said this was the first time in independent India`s history that a non-Congress government got absolute majority and asked the MPs to take these elections seriously and strive hard to continue with the winning streak by ensuring the party`s victory in the Assembly Elections and bypolls.
He said while it will be the duty of party MPs in the respective states to ensure the party`s victory, MPs from those states which are not poll-bound will also be deployed for party work in the poll-bound states.
Shah also asked party MPs to utilise their MPLADs fund effectively as the public has enstrusted a responsibility on them.
The issue of the current UPSC row was also raised at the meeting, with Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh telling the MPs that the Prime Minister himself is taking the issue seriously and it be will be resolved soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read