Amit Shah best suited for BJP president post: Rajnath Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Ratifying Amit Shah as Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President, outgoing party chief Rajnath Singh on Saturday said that under Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Amit Shah, India will become `jagat guru` again.
Addressing party members at the BJP National Council meet, Singh said, “Amit Shah is suited for the position of the BJP chief due to his leadership in Uttar Pradesh that saw the party bagging 71 of the 80 Lok Sabha seats in the state during the General Elections. I am handing over the BJP work to Amit Shah.”
Giving credit for BJP`s thumping victory in Uttar Pradesh, the outgoing BJP chief said, “ For the first time, the BJP has achieved such a victory in UP and credit goes to Amit Shah.”
He further said that when he was looking for someone to lead the party in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections in Uttar Pradesh, he zeroed in on Amit Shah.
He added that under Shah`s leadership, for the first time BJP got 71 of 80 Lok Sabha seats while two seats went to a BJP ally.
Singh recalled that the BJP had just two seats in the Lok Sabha in 1984 and today it is the "biggest party".
"The credit goes to lakhs of workers... (and also) credit goes to Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s popularity."
Rajnath Singh further said that BJP and Left parties are the only two parties in the country which are cadre and ideology-based.
"We can say that the only cadre and ideology based party left is the BJP. Congress has neither ideology nor cadre," he added.
Further seeking the support of the voters, Singh said, “I congratulate new party president Amit Shah, and seek your support for the same.”
Speaking over his own tenure, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said, “ I am fully satisfied with my tenure as BJP chief.”
“I have worked in many posts and took over many responsibilities. It`s not possible in any other party,” he added.
“I am sure under Narendra Modi, Amit Shah India will become `jagat guru` again,” he assured.
Further encouraging the party carders to work hard after getting the 2014 poll victory, Singh said, “We have a mandate but I appeal but we shouldn`t take it for granted. We need to work even more with much more dedication and the mandate should drive us forward.”
He further said, “Credit for our victory goes to every party worker.”
“Today we should work with the motto: Join with the soul of Bharat,” he added.
“I believe that the missions launched by Atal Bihari Vajpayee will be completed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi,” Rajnath Singh said at the BJP meet.
Further slamming the former UPA governments, Singh said, "UPA-I, UPA-II, will be remembered for the highest number of corruption cases," adding that `Congress has neither cadre nor any specific ideology.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh