Amit Shah reaches Mumbai after SC order
Mumbai: Former Gujarat Minister Amit Shah landed in Mumbai on Sunday, a day after he was ordered by the Supreme Court to be out of his home state till the time it
hears the CBI`s plea seeking cancellation of his bail on November 15.
Sources close to Shah said he left for Mumbai from Ahmedabad by a flight today complying with the directive by the Apex Court to leave Ahmedabad by Sunday morning. It was not known where Shah, a close aide of Chief Minister Narendra
Modi, is put up in Mumbai where he has several relatives.
The former minister of state for home, an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, was granted bail by the Gujarat High Court on Friday.
The CBI had yesterday appealed in the Supreme Court seeking cancellation of his bail, but the apex court refused to modify the High Court order.
The apex court had also directed Shah to leave the state by Sunday morning and asked him to stay out till further order and posted the matter for next hearing on November 15.
The CBI had, in its arguments in the Supreme Court, said that Shah could tamper with evidence.
"By observing this condition set by the SC, Shah will be immune from the allegation of tampering with evidence," Shah`s counsel Nirupam Nanavati had said.
Forty six-year-old Shah, had got a reprieve from the High Court which granted him bail three month after his arrest.
Shah, who has been described by the CBI as the "kingpin" of the conspiracy, had quit the Modi government in July this year after being slapped with charges of murder and
kidnapping in the fake encounter killing of alleged gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausar Bi in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'