Amit Shah reaches Mumbai after SC order
Mumbai: Former Gujarat Minister Amit Shah landed in Mumbai on Sunday, a day after he was ordered by the Supreme Court to be out of his home state till the time it
hears the CBI`s plea seeking cancellation of his bail on November 15.
Sources close to Shah said he left for Mumbai from Ahmedabad by a flight today complying with the directive by the Apex Court to leave Ahmedabad by Sunday morning. It was not known where Shah, a close aide of Chief Minister Narendra
Modi, is put up in Mumbai where he has several relatives.
The former minister of state for home, an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, was granted bail by the Gujarat High Court on Friday.
The CBI had yesterday appealed in the Supreme Court seeking cancellation of his bail, but the apex court refused to modify the High Court order.
The apex court had also directed Shah to leave the state by Sunday morning and asked him to stay out till further order and posted the matter for next hearing on November 15.
The CBI had, in its arguments in the Supreme Court, said that Shah could tamper with evidence.
"By observing this condition set by the SC, Shah will be immune from the allegation of tampering with evidence," Shah`s counsel Nirupam Nanavati had said.
Forty six-year-old Shah, had got a reprieve from the High Court which granted him bail three month after his arrest.
Shah, who has been described by the CBI as the "kingpin" of the conspiracy, had quit the Modi government in July this year after being slapped with charges of murder and
kidnapping in the fake encounter killing of alleged gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausar Bi in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in