Amit Shah tape case: CBI questions Prakash Javadekar
New Delhi: CBI on Friday questioned BJP Rajya Sabha MPs Prakash Javadekar and Bhupendra Yadav in connection with a video tape in which they were allegedly seen discussing ways to weaken case against Narendra Modi`s aide Amit Shah by influencing the mother of a victim of an alleged fake encounter in Gujarat.
CBI sources said Singh was quizzed early this morning, while Javadekar arrived at 1.45 PM at the agency headquarters for questioning.
"I believe in the legal processes. CBI has called me today so I have appeared here," Javadekar told reporters.
CBI has also summoned party general secretary Ramlal who also figured in the sting operation relating to the Tulsiram Prajapati alleged fake encounter case conducted by an independent journalist .
The three leaders had refuted the charge and maintained that they are innocent.
In the sting operation, the leaders are purportedly shown discussing how Prajapati`s mother Narmadabai can be convinced to change her Vakalatnama.
She has filed a case alleging her son was killed in a fake encounter in which BJP general secretary Amit Shah is an accused.
However, BJP has claimed there is nothing "incriminating" against the three leaders in the sting operation.
Prajapati, who was allegedly a witness to Sohrabuddin Sheikh`s murder, was killed on December 2006--a year after Sheikh was shot dead in an alleged fake encounter in Gujarat.
The journalist, who conducted the sting operation, had alleged that senior BJP leaders managed to get undated blank `Vakalatnamas` from Narmadabai to allegedly subvert the judicial proceedings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata