Amit Shah will take time to understand dignity of his post: SP
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Saturday attacked the newly-appointed BJP president Amit Shah, saying the manner in which he "spewed venom" against the Uttar Pradesh government at the national executive meeting showed that he would take "much time" to understand the dignity of his post.
The party alleged that BJP was trying to create anarchy in the state from the last two years and conspiracies were hatched to spread communalism.
"The manner in which Shah spit venom while targeting UP government during the national executive meeting of BJP, it is clear that he will take much time to understand the dignity of his post," SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said in a statement here.
He alleged that Shah made "undemocratic" announcements, which were totally against the Constitution, federal structure and democratic traditions.
"In such a situation, baseless statement by BJP president against SP government that too in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi expresses intention to bulldoze UP," Chaudhary said.
He said that Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav implemented new agenda of development and fulfilled most of the promises made during polls.
"Contrary to this, Modi promised of goods days, which is still in the air. It would have been better if BJP would have accepted its victory politely and worked to provide relief to the people by fulfilling its Constitutional duties," he said.
The SP leader said that the people have decided to give a befitting reply to BJP in by-elections for Assembly and Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death