Amit Shah`s directive to party MPs: `Spend more time with people`
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking forward Prime Minister`s mantra to ensure more accountability towards the voters , BJP president Amit Shah has reportedly directed all party MPs to spend more time in their constituencies.
Shah asked MPs to spend as much time as they can in their constituencies and open local office to interact with people, a report claimed on Thursday.
Newly elected as the party president, Shah has a tough task in hand as assembly elections are due in some states later this year.
Importantly, party president`s directive comes days after PM Modi, reportedly, expressed unhappiness over the attendance record of some party MPs in Parliament and also during parliamentary party meetings.
Following the directive, those MPs who will continue to flout party decorum will get a warning from the Prime Minister himself, reports added.
And, their performance on this front will form part of their `record card`, which may be taken into consideration while the party will look for candidates for important assignments in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world