AMU VC committed financial impropriety says CBI
New Delhi: The CBI is believed to have found
that Aligarh Muslim University Vice-Chancellor P K Abdul Azis
had committed financial impropriety and knowingly claimed
allowances for which he was not entitled.
The agency, in its interim report submitted to Union
Human Resources Development Ministry, has said it would take a
final view on these findings and other allegations once it
completes the inquiry, CBI sources said.
When contacted, AMU Registrar Prof V K Abdul Jaleel told
PTI, "We have not received copy of any interim report by the
CBI. Hence, there is nothing to comment".
In its report, the CBI concluded that the Vice-Chancellor
whose tenure is ending on January 17 "committed financial
impropriety and claimed TA on first joining, Home Town
Concession when it was very well knowledge that he was not
entitled for the same."
Azis had submitted bills worth Rs 81,654 for the travel
of him and his family from Cochin to New Delhi and of Rs
93,053 for travel of his family from New Delhi to
As per the existing AMU rules he was allegedly not
entitled for claim of Rs 93,053, the CBI said in its report.
CBI sources said that it has found payment of personal
income tax worth Rs 82,356 of the vice-chancellor and Rs
44,315 of V K Abdul Jaleel, Registrar from the University
funds and their recovery in 11 interest-free monthly
instalments was "irregular and extension of undue favour to
"I had filed the complaint against him. We demand that
inquiry should be conducted into his past background as well.
We will request the President as well as the HRD Ministry to
take cognisance of this report," Member of the University
Court and former MP, Wasim Ahmed said on the development.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!