An "individual`s" determination ended CPM rule in Bengal: Advani
Thiruvananthapuram: In what appeared to be a pat for West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for dislodging the CPI(M) from power in West Bengal, BJP leader L K Advani on Sunday said, "It happened due to the commitment and determination of a single individual."
"It was because of one single individual`s determination and commitment that CPI(M) was defeated in West Bengal," the BJP stalwart said without referring to Banerjee, who heads the TMC which ended three decades of the left rule in West Bengal in the last assembly polls.
Addressing a meeting here to mark the 30th anniversary of pro-RSS Bharatheeya Vichara Kendram, Advani also took sharp digs at the Communist movement in the country and the world.
Advani recalled that when he became a parliament member for the first time in 1970, communist MPs used to ask him whether his party would have any future.
But ironically, over the years, Communist rule had disappeared even in the country where it came to power for the first time, he said.
In India also the situation was not different as a single individual`s determination to challenge CPI-M`s three-decades rule proved successful in West Bengal, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack