An "individual`s" determination ended CPM rule in Bengal: Advani
Thiruvananthapuram: In what appeared to be a pat for West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for dislodging the CPI(M) from power in West Bengal, BJP leader L K Advani on Sunday said, "It happened due to the commitment and determination of a single individual."
"It was because of one single individual`s determination and commitment that CPI(M) was defeated in West Bengal," the BJP stalwart said without referring to Banerjee, who heads the TMC which ended three decades of the left rule in West Bengal in the last assembly polls.
Addressing a meeting here to mark the 30th anniversary of pro-RSS Bharatheeya Vichara Kendram, Advani also took sharp digs at the Communist movement in the country and the world.
Advani recalled that when he became a parliament member for the first time in 1970, communist MPs used to ask him whether his party would have any future.
But ironically, over the years, Communist rule had disappeared even in the country where it came to power for the first time, he said.
In India also the situation was not different as a single individual`s determination to challenge CPI-M`s three-decades rule proved successful in West Bengal, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown