Anand Sharma meets wife of late Nelson Mandela
Johannesburg: Commerce and Industry Anand Sharma on Thursday met Graca Machel, wife of former President South Africa Late Nelson Mandela and conveyed his personal condolences.
Sharma heading the Indian delegation for the lying in State ceremony filed past the mortal remains of Mandela at the Union Buildings in Pretoria yesterday to pay last respects to the great leader, Commerce and Industry Ministry of India said in a statement.
In his interaction with Machel, he recalled the strong ties that existed between India and Mandela and the support that the Indian people extended in his fight against the brutal apartheid regime in South Africa, it said.
President Pranab Mukherjee, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and other Members of Parliament were here for the Official State Memorial Service held on December 10 in remembrance of the departed leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note