Anand Sharma meets wife of late Nelson Mandela
Johannesburg: Commerce and Industry Anand Sharma on Thursday met Graca Machel, wife of former President South Africa Late Nelson Mandela and conveyed his personal condolences.
Sharma heading the Indian delegation for the lying in State ceremony filed past the mortal remains of Mandela at the Union Buildings in Pretoria yesterday to pay last respects to the great leader, Commerce and Industry Ministry of India said in a statement.
In his interaction with Machel, he recalled the strong ties that existed between India and Mandela and the support that the Indian people extended in his fight against the brutal apartheid regime in South Africa, it said.
President Pranab Mukherjee, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and other Members of Parliament were here for the Official State Memorial Service held on December 10 in remembrance of the departed leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown