Ananth Kumar`s wife rubbishes charges on his Radia link
Bangalore: Tejaswini Ananth Kumar, wife of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and former civil aviation minister H.N. Ananth Kumar, Monday dismissed as "baseless and politically motivated" charges linking him to corporate lobbyist Niira Radia.
"The Congress cannot fool the people by making baseless charges," Tejaswini, who runs a non-governmental organization called Adamya Chetana Trust, told reporters here.
She accused the Congress of targeting BJP leaders to divert focus from the 2G spectrum allocation and Commonwealth Games scandals.
"The Congress has resorted to attack my husband as he is in the forefront demanding a joint parliamentary probe into the 2G spectrum scandal," Tejaswini said.
Her NGO works "to create sustainable, replicable models for social betterment of the underprivileged and to develop a sense of appreciation of the Indian culture and value system among the younger generation".
A former colleague of Radia has claimed in TV interviews that Ananth Kumar had passed on classified cabinet decisions to her.
Despite denials by the BJP and Ananth Kumar`s wife, the Congress kept up its demand for immediate resignation of the BJP leader from the Lok Sabha.
State Congress spokesperson G.C. Chandrashekar told reporters here that Ananth Kumar had not given proper clarification on his dealings with Radia.
"Ananth Kumar should quit till his name is cleared," Chandrashekhar said.
Ananth Kumar is an MP from Bangalore South constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users