Anderson escape: `Arjun alone not responsible`
Raipur: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj today
said then Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Arjun Singh alone
cannot be held responsible for letting Bhopal gas tragedy
accused and former Union Carbide chief Warren Anderson out of
"Arjun Singh alone cannot be held responsible for letting
Anderson out of the country. The then Central Government and
some senior leaders of Congress party too are responsible for
it," Sushma, the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, told
She also claimed that the UPA government was not serious
about Anderson`s extradition.
"Union Ministers Pranab Mukherjee and Veerappa Moily have
different views on the issue. While Moily has said Anderson
would be extradited, Mukherjee has justified the decision to
let Anderson leave India," Sushma said.
To a query, she said the party was yet to discuss the
issue of return of Uma Bharti to BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown