Anderson escape: `Arjun alone not responsible`
Raipur: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj today
said then Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Arjun Singh alone
cannot be held responsible for letting Bhopal gas tragedy
accused and former Union Carbide chief Warren Anderson out of
"Arjun Singh alone cannot be held responsible for letting
Anderson out of the country. The then Central Government and
some senior leaders of Congress party too are responsible for
it," Sushma, the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, told
She also claimed that the UPA government was not serious
about Anderson`s extradition.
"Union Ministers Pranab Mukherjee and Veerappa Moily have
different views on the issue. While Moily has said Anderson
would be extradited, Mukherjee has justified the decision to
let Anderson leave India," Sushma said.
To a query, she said the party was yet to discuss the
issue of return of Uma Bharti to BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred