Anderson’s extradition: MEA to await Cabinet nod
New Delhi: Ministry of External Affairs
will await a decision by the Union Cabinet on the extradition
of former Union Carbide Chief Warren Anderson from the US.
"The Union Cabinet is expected to meet soon. We will
await the decision of the Cabinet in this regard," Foreign
Secretary Nirupama Rao told reporters.
She was asked what the ministry would do in the light
of a recommendation by Group of Ministers on Bhopal Gas
disaster that government should pursue afresh efforts to get
Anderson extradited to India to stand trial in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- UN General Assembly President-elect calls on PM Narendra Modi
- Vijay Mallya deliberately concealing his assets, banks to SC
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba