Anderson’s extradition: MEA to await Cabinet nod
New Delhi: Ministry of External Affairs
will await a decision by the Union Cabinet on the extradition
of former Union Carbide Chief Warren Anderson from the US.
"The Union Cabinet is expected to meet soon. We will
await the decision of the Cabinet in this regard," Foreign
Secretary Nirupama Rao told reporters.
She was asked what the ministry would do in the light
of a recommendation by Group of Ministers on Bhopal Gas
disaster that government should pursue afresh efforts to get
Anderson extradited to India to stand trial in the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference