Anderson’s extradition: MEA to await Cabinet nod
New Delhi: Ministry of External Affairs
will await a decision by the Union Cabinet on the extradition
of former Union Carbide Chief Warren Anderson from the US.
"The Union Cabinet is expected to meet soon. We will
await the decision of the Cabinet in this regard," Foreign
Secretary Nirupama Rao told reporters.
She was asked what the ministry would do in the light
of a recommendation by Group of Ministers on Bhopal Gas
disaster that government should pursue afresh efforts to get
Anderson extradited to India to stand trial in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM