Anderson’s extradition: MEA to await Cabinet nod
New Delhi: Ministry of External Affairs
will await a decision by the Union Cabinet on the extradition
of former Union Carbide Chief Warren Anderson from the US.
"The Union Cabinet is expected to meet soon. We will
await the decision of the Cabinet in this regard," Foreign
Secretary Nirupama Rao told reporters.
She was asked what the ministry would do in the light
of a recommendation by Group of Ministers on Bhopal Gas
disaster that government should pursue afresh efforts to get
Anderson extradited to India to stand trial in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'