Anderson’s extradition: MEA to await Cabinet nod
New Delhi: Ministry of External Affairs
will await a decision by the Union Cabinet on the extradition
of former Union Carbide Chief Warren Anderson from the US.
"The Union Cabinet is expected to meet soon. We will
await the decision of the Cabinet in this regard," Foreign
Secretary Nirupama Rao told reporters.
She was asked what the ministry would do in the light
of a recommendation by Group of Ministers on Bhopal Gas
disaster that government should pursue afresh efforts to get
Anderson extradited to India to stand trial in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'