Andhra Governor meets PM
New Delhi: Two days after the Justice BN Srikrishna Committee report on Telangana was made public, Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan on Saturday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and is understood to have discussed the situation in the state.
Narasimhan, who is in the capital for the past two days, met Singh at his residence and is believed to have discussed the situation in Andhra Pradesh arising out of the recommendations made by the Srikrishna committee report.
Bandhs and protests have rocked the Telangana region ever since the committee report was released on Thursday. The report had said that a united Andhra Pradesh with constitutional statuary powers to Telangana region was the "best way forward".
The Governor is understood to have briefed Singh about the current situation.
After the meeting, Narasimhan parried questions on whether the state was heading towards President`s rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?