Andhra ministers from Telangana meet Jaipal Reddy
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh ministers from
Telangana region on Sunday met Union Urban Development Minister S
Jaipal Reddy here and told him that the Centre should clarify
doubts on the latest statement and take a "quick decision" on
setting a time-frame for formation of a separate state.
The ministers, who sent their resignation letters to
party chief Sonia Gandhi on the Telangana issue, held a
luncheon meeting with Reddy at his residence here.
Emerging out of the over three-hour-long meeting, Higher
Education Minister Sridhar Babu, who is among those resigned,
said they sought Reddy`s support in the struggle for the
separate statehood issue.
"We apprised him of the situation in the Telangana
region. Since he also hails from the same region, he gave us a
patient hearing. We asked him for his support and told him
that his interference is needed in this issue," he told
"We told him that the (December 23) statement on
Telangana has created confusion among the people. We also told
him that the doubts should be clarified and a quick decision
on setting a time-frame for the formation of the state should
be made," he said.
When asked whether they asked Reddy also to resign and
convey his protest, Babu said: "The purpose of our visit was
not to ask him to resign. Since he is a senior leader hailing
from the region, we thought he would convey our message
properly to the High Command."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report