Andhra ministers from Telangana meet Jaipal Reddy
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh ministers from
Telangana region on Sunday met Union Urban Development Minister S
Jaipal Reddy here and told him that the Centre should clarify
doubts on the latest statement and take a "quick decision" on
setting a time-frame for formation of a separate state.
The ministers, who sent their resignation letters to
party chief Sonia Gandhi on the Telangana issue, held a
luncheon meeting with Reddy at his residence here.
Emerging out of the over three-hour-long meeting, Higher
Education Minister Sridhar Babu, who is among those resigned,
said they sought Reddy`s support in the struggle for the
separate statehood issue.
"We apprised him of the situation in the Telangana
region. Since he also hails from the same region, he gave us a
patient hearing. We asked him for his support and told him
that his interference is needed in this issue," he told
"We told him that the (December 23) statement on
Telangana has created confusion among the people. We also told
him that the doubts should be clarified and a quick decision
on setting a time-frame for the formation of the state should
be made," he said.
When asked whether they asked Reddy also to resign and
convey his protest, Babu said: "The purpose of our visit was
not to ask him to resign. Since he is a senior leader hailing
from the region, we thought he would convey our message
properly to the High Command."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi