Andhra ministers from Telangana meet Jaipal Reddy
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh ministers from
Telangana region on Sunday met Union Urban Development Minister S
Jaipal Reddy here and told him that the Centre should clarify
doubts on the latest statement and take a "quick decision" on
setting a time-frame for formation of a separate state.
The ministers, who sent their resignation letters to
party chief Sonia Gandhi on the Telangana issue, held a
luncheon meeting with Reddy at his residence here.
Emerging out of the over three-hour-long meeting, Higher
Education Minister Sridhar Babu, who is among those resigned,
said they sought Reddy`s support in the struggle for the
separate statehood issue.
"We apprised him of the situation in the Telangana
region. Since he also hails from the same region, he gave us a
patient hearing. We asked him for his support and told him
that his interference is needed in this issue," he told
"We told him that the (December 23) statement on
Telangana has created confusion among the people. We also told
him that the doubts should be clarified and a quick decision
on setting a time-frame for the formation of the state should
be made," he said.
When asked whether they asked Reddy also to resign and
convey his protest, Babu said: "The purpose of our visit was
not to ask him to resign. Since he is a senior leader hailing
from the region, we thought he would convey our message
properly to the High Command."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what