Andhra Pradesh now part of Chennai-Bengaluru Industrial Corridor
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh has now been included in the proposed Chennai-Bengaluru Industrial Corridor which will give a thrust to industrial development in border districts like Anantapur, Chittoor and SPS Nellore, minister said on Saturday.
Talking to newsmen here this afternoon, state Major Industries minister J Geeta Reddy said AP was initially not part of the corridor but, after hectic lobbying with the Centre, it has been included.
"The corridor`s development is being supported by the Japanese government. The Krishnapatnam port region development will be taken up in the first phase. In the second phase, the Hindupur-Chittoor-Nellore belt will be developed," the minister added.
Replying to a question, she said approval from the Government of India was awaited for setting up National Investment and Manufacturing Zones (NIMZs) in the state.
"We have submitted proposals for setting up NIMZs in Medak, Chittoor and Prakasam districts in an area of 5,000 hectares each. We will create world-class infrastructure in the NIMZs in line with the National Manufacturing Policy of the GoI," Geeta said.
She said the government was also focusing on development of infrastructure in the industrial parks in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks