Andhra Pradesh now part of Chennai-Bengaluru Industrial Corridor
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh has now been included in the proposed Chennai-Bengaluru Industrial Corridor which will give a thrust to industrial development in border districts like Anantapur, Chittoor and SPS Nellore, minister said on Saturday.
Talking to newsmen here this afternoon, state Major Industries minister J Geeta Reddy said AP was initially not part of the corridor but, after hectic lobbying with the Centre, it has been included.
"The corridor`s development is being supported by the Japanese government. The Krishnapatnam port region development will be taken up in the first phase. In the second phase, the Hindupur-Chittoor-Nellore belt will be developed," the minister added.
Replying to a question, she said approval from the Government of India was awaited for setting up National Investment and Manufacturing Zones (NIMZs) in the state.
"We have submitted proposals for setting up NIMZs in Medak, Chittoor and Prakasam districts in an area of 5,000 hectares each. We will create world-class infrastructure in the NIMZs in line with the National Manufacturing Policy of the GoI," Geeta said.
She said the government was also focusing on development of infrastructure in the industrial parks in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid