Andhra Pradesh to open checkposts on Telangana border
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government has decided to open eight border checkposts between the state and Telangana and deploy vigilance squads to check "diversion" of trade and pilferage of taxes.
These checkposts, to be opened in the next ten to 15 days, would also be useful to assess the quantum and value of commodities passed between the states, and commercial taxes revenue that can be generated, Minister for Finance, Planning, Commercial Taxes and Legislative Affairs, Yanamala Ramakrishnudu said.
These temporary checkposts would be opened near Kurnool, Sunnipenta, Macherla, Dachepalli, Garikapadu, Thiruvur, Jeedugumalli and Kondapalli.
In addition, the Minister said, minor roads that link the two states would be manned by squads and vigilance wings of the Commercial Tax department to stop trade diversions and pilferage of taxes.
Ramakrishnudu said the temporary checkposts would be primarily for a period of six months.
"Staff will be deployed from the existing personnel of the department. Based on the performance of these checkposts, arrangements will be made to establish permanent ones with all facilities," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan