Andhra Pradesh to open checkposts on Telangana border
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh government has decided to open eight border checkposts between the state and Telangana and deploy vigilance squads to check "diversion" of trade and pilferage of taxes.
These checkposts, to be opened in the next ten to 15 days, would also be useful to assess the quantum and value of commodities passed between the states, and commercial taxes revenue that can be generated, Minister for Finance, Planning, Commercial Taxes and Legislative Affairs, Yanamala Ramakrishnudu said.
These temporary checkposts would be opened near Kurnool, Sunnipenta, Macherla, Dachepalli, Garikapadu, Thiruvur, Jeedugumalli and Kondapalli.
In addition, the Minister said, minor roads that link the two states would be manned by squads and vigilance wings of the Commercial Tax department to stop trade diversions and pilferage of taxes.
Ramakrishnudu said the temporary checkposts would be primarily for a period of six months.
"Staff will be deployed from the existing personnel of the department. Based on the performance of these checkposts, arrangements will be made to establish permanent ones with all facilities," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand