Andhra techie`s murderers held in the US
Washington: Five men have been arrested for allegedly robbing and killing an Indian techie from Andhra Pradesh in the US, the Telugu Association of North America (TANA) said.
A native of Chittoor in Andhra Pradesh, Venkata Subba Reddy Cuttamanchi, 35, was allegedly shot dead in a motel in Southfield near Detroit Wednesday by the boyfriend of a Mexican woman where he had gone for an internet date, TANA said.
Police was informed by people who witnessed the shooting at 2.00 a.m.
"Venkat Reddy met a 23-year-old Mexican woman through internet dating, had a meal at Wendy`s restaurant, and drove to a nearby EZ Rest motel around 2.00 a.m. The woman`s boyfriend and four other cronies who were waiting at the motel robbed Venkat and shot him to death," said Prasad Thotakura, TANA executive vice president.
Thotakura, who helped in getting the body back to India, said all formalities have been completed and the body is in transit to reach Chennai by the early hours of Tuesday.
Jayaram Komati, TANA president, and Mohan Nannapaneni, TANA secretary, have expressed deepest condolences to Cuttamanchi family and urged the Indian American community to get familiar with safety and security guidelines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security