ANF steps up operation to nab naxals
Shimoga: Close on the heels of the arrest of a
hardcore naxal leader here recently, the Anti-Naxal Force
(ANF) has stepped up operations to apprehend more naxalites in
the district, a top police official said today.
Nanadakumarar alias Rangappa was arrested recently,
Shimoga District Superintendent of Police S Murugan told PTI.
A native of Somlapura village of Koppa taluk in
Chikamgalur district, Nandakumar was involved in several
crimes and anti social activities since 1993 and was carrying
reward on his head.
"We have recovered literature, CDs and a laptop containing
information about movement of naxals besides a number of
obscene CDs from Nandakumar," he said.
The investigating team has gathered valuable information
from him regarding activities of the group in several places
in the state, Murugan said.
Nandakumar was produced before a local court today and
remanded to police custody till June 14.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics