Anganwadi workers seek raise in salaries
New Delhi: Anganwadi Workers and helpers across India on Friday asked Narendra Modi government to enhance their remuneration and review their working conditions.
Thousands of anganwadi workers under All India Federation of Anganwadi Workers and Helpers (AIFAWH) today observed "Demands Day" and pressed for the stoppage of the ongoing privatisation of the Integrated Child Development Services in the name of `ICDS Mission`.
"AIFAWH has given a call to observe July 4 as demands day against the ongoing privatisation of the ICDS in the name of `ICDS Mission` and for implementation of the recommendations of the 45th Indian Labour Conference, recognising the scheme workers as workers, paying them minimum wages and providing pension, and freedom of association," A R Sindhu, General Secretary of AIFAWH said in a statement.
AIFAWH said that as promised by Women and Child Development minister Maneka Gandhi, the government will stop privatisation of the scheme and initiate talks with trade unions and federation of anganwadi employees to discuss the issues.
"AIFAWH demands that as promised by the BJP Manifesto, the Narendra Modi Government should review the working conditions and enhance the remuneration of Anganwadi worker`s in the ensuing Annual Budget," the statement further said.
Sindhu claimed that anganwadi workers from almost all the states observed today as Demand`s day. They held demonstrations and rallies at project and district headquarters and also submitted a charter of demands to Maneka Gandhi on their long pending demands.
State level demonstrations in Himachal Pradesh will be held on July 7 while similar rallies will take place on July 10 in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Tibet govt-in-exile in Dharamsala unpopular among Tibetans: China
- Turkey to abolish visas for EU states including Cyprus under migrant deal
- Ravi Rampaul reveals shocking reason for not being picked in West Indian team
- IPL 2016, Match 31: GL vs DD - As it happened...
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status