Angolan ambassador summoned by MEA
New Delhi: Ministry of External Affairs on Thursday summoned Ambassador of Angola Manuel Eduardo Dos Santos Silva regarding the "work-related" issue involving nearly 1,200 Indians in that country.
Silva was called by Madhusudan Ganapathi, Secretary (West), in the ministry at the direction of Minister S M Krishna to convey the country`s views in the matter, official sources said.
About 1,200 Indian workers, employed by a Dubai-based company, are facing problems in the African country due to non-payment of wages, resulting in a strike.
Government here has maintained that it was making all efforts to find an "amicable" solution and was ready to provide all help to all those wanting to come back to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources