Angry Pranab finds disruption of Lok Sabha `disgusting`
New Delhi: Put off by the vociferous protests
in the Lok Sabha by AIADMK members over 2G Spectrum allocation
issue, an agitated Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday
found it "disgusting" that some members were derailing the
Faced with protests from AIADMK, which has nine members in
the Lok Sabha, as well as some from other opposition parties,
when he rose to present the Finance Bill, Mukherjee said,
"Only ten members are holding a House of 543. This is not
fair". This is "disgusting", he quipped.
A visibly angry Mukherjee, who is also the Leader of the
House, said, "Most respectfully, I ask you to go back to your
"By tomorrow, we hope to wind up the third leg of the
Finance Bill and thereafter the Government will inform you
(about discussion on issues raised in the House). There is
time, please have some patience," he said.
The issues include 2G Spectrum allocation, telephone
tapping and IPL controversy.
"On all these issues we will have the opportunity of
discussing with various political parties. Either the Prime
Minister or I will come to the House. But, this will be done
after the Finance Bill is passed," he said.
As opposition members, particularly those from AIADMK,
trooped into the well demanding an assurance from the
Government on the Spectrum issue, Mukherjee said, "I am not
running away from the House. The session is there till May
7, there is time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand