Anna, 4 others on Lokpal panel to declare assets
New Delhi: Five civil society members of
the joint drafting committee on Lokpal Bill including Anna
Hazare will on Friday declare their assets and liablities, a
day before the panel will sit for the first time.
A spokesperson for the civil society said Anna, Shanti
Bhushan, Santosh Hegde, Prashant Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal
will release personal statement of their assets and
"They will be meeting with fellow campaigners to
discuss issues pertaining to the Joint Draft Committee of Jan
Lokpal bill," the spokesperson for the `India Against
Corruption`, which spearheaded the campaign, said.
The group also said it has received a total donation
of Rs 82,87,668. "We have issued receipts to all the donors
and have maintained a record of their details. We issued
receipts on account of Public Cause Research Foundation (PCRF)
which is acting as secretariat for the campaign," the
So far, the spokesperson said, they have spent Rs
A statement from the group also said that social
activist Mallika Sarabhai has reaffirmed her faith in the
In a letter to Hazare, the group quoted her as saying,
"I am totally with Anna Hazare in his commitment to weed out
corruption. Anna told me that his understanding about
development in Gujarat comes mainly from press reports, which
I feel are not entirely accurate.
"However I must add that I would be ecstatic if every
village in Gujarat could transform into a Ralegan Sidhi. I
admire Anna`s dedicated crusade over the last three decades
and I stand by him completely," Sarabhai was quoted as saying.
Sarabhai had earlier expressed reservation at Hazare`s
praise for Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and said she
would dissociate with the campaign if he did not clarify his
stand on the BJP leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city