Anna associates meet Bukhari
New Delhi: Anna Hazare`s associates Arvind
Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi met Jama Masjid imam Syed Ahmed
Bukhari here after he expressed unhappiness over their failure
to involve Muslims into their campaign, but failed to break
ice with the cleric.
Bukhari had expressed strong resentment and sought to
know why Hazare and his campaign managers had not done more to
involve Muslims in their anti-graft movement.
Following his remarks, Team Anna members met him at his
residence late last night in their attempt to clear his
apprehensions and invite the Delhi`s top cleric to the Ramlila
Maidan where Hazare is fasting.
Bukhari said he had told the activists that they also
need to address the issues of concern to the Muslim community.
"We discussed at length the issues of our concern. I laid
before them my point of view in totality. They in turn
informed us about their campaign and their goals," Bukhari
He said Hazare`s team members had also asked him to share
the stage with them and Hazare at Ramlila Maidan but he was
not inclined to go ahead.
"I told them that if you want to include Muslims in your
movement, you will also have to understand their pain and
problems, and you would do well to also highlight issues of
concern to Muslims," he said, adding the greater evil in the
country is communalism and any national movement should also
"They said they would consider the points raised by me,"
Bukhari said the "communal powers" were also playing a
part in the campaign and they would never want Muslims to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people