Anna dares govt to go ahead with phone tapping
New Delhi: The tension between Team Anna and the government has escalated with the anti-corruption activist, Anna Hazare, daring the government to go ahead with tapping the phones of his team members.
"I know our phones are being tapped, but we are not doing anything wrong, if they want to tape our phones let them do it," Anna has been quoted as saying by a news channel.
In the meantime, Team Anna members have asked the Home Ministry if any sort of permission was granted to any agency to tap their phones.
"We have all been suffering for some time, and have been trying to change our numbers. I can tell you it`s not just phones but we are also being watched, who all are coming and going. What legal route can we go to? Who do we tell? We are just waiting for the Lokpal Bill now," said Kiran Bedi, who claims that crucial information gets leaked out through phone tapping.
Arvind Kejriwal has alleged that a telephone conversation between him and an assistant of Hazare`s was tapped by Delhi police a day before Anna ended his maun vrat (vow of silence).
"We are hounded out. Chased. Telephones are tapped," he said.
A day before the Gandhian activist ended his maun vrat, his assistant read out to Kejriwal, over phone, a message that Hazare wanted to come to Delhi and sit at Rajghat for 15 minutes.
Hazare wanted no publicity for this, Kejriwal said. However, "within 15 minutes of the phone call, I received a call from police, asking about Anna`s Rajghat plan," Kejriwal alleged.
"You can tap phones of the people who are into anti-national activities. Is Anna anti-national? Am I anti-national?" he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan