Anna’ fast may go beyond 15 days: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Team Anna Hazare Friday said the
15-day fast for a strong Lokpal Bill may go beyond the period depending upon the government`s response to the agitation.
Hazare`s associate and RTI activist Arvind Kejriwal said
the 73-year-old Gandhian was actually planning a longer
programme for the protest fast but there was a legal problem.
Delhi Police offered 21 days and later the two sides
agreed on 15 days but that can be reviewed and the protest can
be prolonged depending on what the government does on the
demands put forward by Hazare, he said.
Hazare, who began his fast on August 16, has been
demanding acceptance by the government of the Janlokpal Bill
that would bring within its ambit the Prime Minister, higher
judiciary and the conduct of MPs within Parliament besides
Kejriwal said Hazare`s health was fine and was not a
matter of concern.
He said Hazare will leave Tihar Jail at about 11 am for
Hazare, who has been in Tihar since August 16, will go in
a car to the Ramlila Maidan, he said.
"He should leave around 11 am," Kejriwal said.
Asked if statements coming out that Hazare`s fast in
indefinite and not a fast unto death was a climbdown, Kejriwal
said, "There is no climbdown. Anna Hazare never used the word
fast unto death. It is an indefinite fast. Anna used the word
indefinite because it is more spiritual. Fast unto death seems
a little more in the connotation of blackmail."
He blamed the media for using the word fast unto death.
Replying to a questions about the possibility of certain
organisations and individuals supporting the movement becoming
violent, he said, "You have seen the movement so far remaining
non-violent. This shows the spirituality of the entire
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read