Anna’ fast may go beyond 15 days: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Team Anna Hazare Friday said the
15-day fast for a strong Lokpal Bill may go beyond the period depending upon the government`s response to the agitation.
Hazare`s associate and RTI activist Arvind Kejriwal said
the 73-year-old Gandhian was actually planning a longer
programme for the protest fast but there was a legal problem.
Delhi Police offered 21 days and later the two sides
agreed on 15 days but that can be reviewed and the protest can
be prolonged depending on what the government does on the
demands put forward by Hazare, he said.
Hazare, who began his fast on August 16, has been
demanding acceptance by the government of the Janlokpal Bill
that would bring within its ambit the Prime Minister, higher
judiciary and the conduct of MPs within Parliament besides
Kejriwal said Hazare`s health was fine and was not a
matter of concern.
He said Hazare will leave Tihar Jail at about 11 am for
Hazare, who has been in Tihar since August 16, will go in
a car to the Ramlila Maidan, he said.
"He should leave around 11 am," Kejriwal said.
Asked if statements coming out that Hazare`s fast in
indefinite and not a fast unto death was a climbdown, Kejriwal
said, "There is no climbdown. Anna Hazare never used the word
fast unto death. It is an indefinite fast. Anna used the word
indefinite because it is more spiritual. Fast unto death seems
a little more in the connotation of blackmail."
He blamed the media for using the word fast unto death.
Replying to a questions about the possibility of certain
organisations and individuals supporting the movement becoming
violent, he said, "You have seen the movement so far remaining
non-violent. This shows the spirituality of the entire
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH