Anna for Uttarakhand-type Lokayukta bill
New Delhi: Activist Anna Hazare has appealed to people in the poll-bound states to ask all political parties if, when they came to power, they would enact a Lokayukta bill on the lines of that passed by the Uttarakhand assembly.
According to a statement issued by Team Anna, the activist has not been able to travel to the five poll-bound states due to ill health but would do so as soon as he gets well.
"Till then, he has issued his message through a video CD which will be shown at all public meetings... In the video, he has appealed to the public to ask every party whether they would enact Uttarakhand type of Lokayukta if they won," the statement said.
It said Hazare had also asked his team members to travel to poll-bound states carrying his message to people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends