Anna for Uttarakhand-type Lokayukta bill
New Delhi: Activist Anna Hazare has appealed to people in the poll-bound states to ask all political parties if, when they came to power, they would enact a Lokayukta bill on the lines of that passed by the Uttarakhand assembly.
According to a statement issued by Team Anna, the activist has not been able to travel to the five poll-bound states due to ill health but would do so as soon as he gets well.
"Till then, he has issued his message through a video CD which will be shown at all public meetings... In the video, he has appealed to the public to ask every party whether they would enact Uttarakhand type of Lokayukta if they won," the statement said.
It said Hazare had also asked his team members to travel to poll-bound states carrying his message to people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Israeli woman gang-raped in Manali, probe launched
- New protein gives new hope for Alzheimer's cure!
- Android users can now enjoy Prisma app!
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?