Anna for Uttarakhand-type Lokayukta bill
New Delhi: Activist Anna Hazare has appealed to people in the poll-bound states to ask all political parties if, when they came to power, they would enact a Lokayukta bill on the lines of that passed by the Uttarakhand assembly.
According to a statement issued by Team Anna, the activist has not been able to travel to the five poll-bound states due to ill health but would do so as soon as he gets well.
"Till then, he has issued his message through a video CD which will be shown at all public meetings... In the video, he has appealed to the public to ask every party whether they would enact Uttarakhand type of Lokayukta if they won," the statement said.
It said Hazare had also asked his team members to travel to poll-bound states carrying his message to people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016