Anna for Uttarakhand-type Lokayukta bill
New Delhi: Activist Anna Hazare has appealed to people in the poll-bound states to ask all political parties if, when they came to power, they would enact a Lokayukta bill on the lines of that passed by the Uttarakhand assembly.
According to a statement issued by Team Anna, the activist has not been able to travel to the five poll-bound states due to ill health but would do so as soon as he gets well.
"Till then, he has issued his message through a video CD which will be shown at all public meetings... In the video, he has appealed to the public to ask every party whether they would enact Uttarakhand type of Lokayukta if they won," the statement said.
It said Hazare had also asked his team members to travel to poll-bound states carrying his message to people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof