Anna for Uttarakhand-type Lokayukta bill
New Delhi: Activist Anna Hazare has appealed to people in the poll-bound states to ask all political parties if, when they came to power, they would enact a Lokayukta bill on the lines of that passed by the Uttarakhand assembly.
According to a statement issued by Team Anna, the activist has not been able to travel to the five poll-bound states due to ill health but would do so as soon as he gets well.
"Till then, he has issued his message through a video CD which will be shown at all public meetings... In the video, he has appealed to the public to ask every party whether they would enact Uttarakhand type of Lokayukta if they won," the statement said.
It said Hazare had also asked his team members to travel to poll-bound states carrying his message to people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport