Anna group against Ramdev`s decision to raise armed wing
New Delhi: The Anna Hazare group on Wednesday distanced itself from Ramdev`s decision to raise an armed
force to resist any government crackdown on the anti-
corruption movement, saying all protests have to be
Civil rights activist Arvind Kejriwal and lawyer
Prashant Bhushan, who sit with Hazare in the joint drafting
committee on Lokpal Bill, said all protests have to remain
"We do not support this (Ramdev`s announcement of
forming an armed wing). All protests have to be non-violent,"
Kejriwal told reporters here.
Asked whether they still remain associated with Ramdev
despite his fresh move, Bhushan said the question was not
whether they were with Ramdev or not but one has to protest
against the assault on the fundamental and democratic rights
of a person.
"Hazare`s fast was not in support of Ramdev but the
police assault on his protest. We respect the right of
everyone to stage a protest," he said and termed the yoga
guru`s announcement of forming an armed wing as "very
On whether they were encouraging the "anarchism"
propogated by Ramdev, Kejriwal said they were neither
supporting Ramdev nor encouraging anarchism by anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row