Anna group against Ramdev`s decision to raise armed wing
New Delhi: The Anna Hazare group on Wednesday distanced itself from Ramdev`s decision to raise an armed
force to resist any government crackdown on the anti-
corruption movement, saying all protests have to be
Civil rights activist Arvind Kejriwal and lawyer
Prashant Bhushan, who sit with Hazare in the joint drafting
committee on Lokpal Bill, said all protests have to remain
"We do not support this (Ramdev`s announcement of
forming an armed wing). All protests have to be non-violent,"
Kejriwal told reporters here.
Asked whether they still remain associated with Ramdev
despite his fresh move, Bhushan said the question was not
whether they were with Ramdev or not but one has to protest
against the assault on the fundamental and democratic rights
of a person.
"Hazare`s fast was not in support of Ramdev but the
police assault on his protest. We respect the right of
everyone to stage a protest," he said and termed the yoga
guru`s announcement of forming an armed wing as "very
On whether they were encouraging the "anarchism"
propogated by Ramdev, Kejriwal said they were neither
supporting Ramdev nor encouraging anarchism by anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical