Anna had high moral ground: GK Pillai
Shillong: Former Union Home Secretary G K
Pillai on Monday said anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare had a
"high moral ground" and that the Lokpal issue was being
resolved in the "spirit of democracy".
"The real problem was that the Lokpal Bill was brought
to the Parliament eight times but was never passed. People had
an impression that the Parliament was reluctant to pass the
bill. That is why high moral ground was with Anna Hazare and
he exploited it very well," Pillai said, adding that "the
matter was being resolved in the spirit of democracy".
Hoping that a `strong` Lokpal Bill would be passed by
the Parliament, Pillai said, "Corruption is big public issue
and eventually affects everybody... from the common man to the
He, however, contended that just a bill cannot root
out corruption. "People should not give bribes. The government
should also put systems in place like a citizen’s charter.
Servcie should be given in specified time-frame," Pillai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you