Anna Hazare accused of disrespecting tricolour
Bhopal: An application seeking registration of a case against social activist Anna Hazare and nine others for allegedly insulting the national flag by unfurling it at night, has been filed in the Chief Judicial Magistrate court here.
The application has been filed in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate R G Singh here, alleging that Hazare and nine others had insulted the tricolour by unfurling it at night in a TV programme recently.
The application, which was filed yesterday by Prakash Thakur through his advocate Raj Kumar Pandey will come for hearing on August 25.
The applicant said that Anna and nine others, including Arvind Kejriwal, Kailash Kher and Adnan Sami had insulted the flag by unfurling it at night.
Thakur also said that unfurling the flag at night amounted to a crime, which could attract a sentence and a fine.
He claimed that unfurling the tricolour inside a room and during the night were both crimes and hence Anna should be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH