Anna Hazare accused of disrespecting tricolour
Bhopal: An application seeking registration of a case against social activist Anna Hazare and nine others for allegedly insulting the national flag by unfurling it at night, has been filed in the Chief Judicial Magistrate court here.
The application has been filed in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate R G Singh here, alleging that Hazare and nine others had insulted the tricolour by unfurling it at night in a TV programme recently.
The application, which was filed yesterday by Prakash Thakur through his advocate Raj Kumar Pandey will come for hearing on August 25.
The applicant said that Anna and nine others, including Arvind Kejriwal, Kailash Kher and Adnan Sami had insulted the flag by unfurling it at night.
Thakur also said that unfurling the flag at night amounted to a crime, which could attract a sentence and a fine.
He claimed that unfurling the tricolour inside a room and during the night were both crimes and hence Anna should be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation