Anna Hazare accused of disrespecting tricolour
Bhopal: An application seeking registration of a case against social activist Anna Hazare and nine others for allegedly insulting the national flag by unfurling it at night, has been filed in the Chief Judicial Magistrate court here.
The application has been filed in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate R G Singh here, alleging that Hazare and nine others had insulted the tricolour by unfurling it at night in a TV programme recently.
The application, which was filed yesterday by Prakash Thakur through his advocate Raj Kumar Pandey will come for hearing on August 25.
The applicant said that Anna and nine others, including Arvind Kejriwal, Kailash Kher and Adnan Sami had insulted the flag by unfurling it at night.
Thakur also said that unfurling the flag at night amounted to a crime, which could attract a sentence and a fine.
He claimed that unfurling the tricolour inside a room and during the night were both crimes and hence Anna should be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal