Anna Hazare accused of disrespecting tricolour
Bhopal: An application seeking registration of a case against social activist Anna Hazare and nine others for allegedly insulting the national flag by unfurling it at night, has been filed in the Chief Judicial Magistrate court here.
The application has been filed in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate R G Singh here, alleging that Hazare and nine others had insulted the tricolour by unfurling it at night in a TV programme recently.
The application, which was filed yesterday by Prakash Thakur through his advocate Raj Kumar Pandey will come for hearing on August 25.
The applicant said that Anna and nine others, including Arvind Kejriwal, Kailash Kher and Adnan Sami had insulted the flag by unfurling it at night.
Thakur also said that unfurling the flag at night amounted to a crime, which could attract a sentence and a fine.
He claimed that unfurling the tricolour inside a room and during the night were both crimes and hence Anna should be punished.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler