Anna Hazare accused of disrespecting tricolour
Bhopal: An application seeking registration of a case against social activist Anna Hazare and nine others for allegedly insulting the national flag by unfurling it at night, has been filed in the Chief Judicial Magistrate court here.
The application has been filed in the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate R G Singh here, alleging that Hazare and nine others had insulted the tricolour by unfurling it at night in a TV programme recently.
The application, which was filed yesterday by Prakash Thakur through his advocate Raj Kumar Pandey will come for hearing on August 25.
The applicant said that Anna and nine others, including Arvind Kejriwal, Kailash Kher and Adnan Sami had insulted the flag by unfurling it at night.
Thakur also said that unfurling the flag at night amounted to a crime, which could attract a sentence and a fine.
He claimed that unfurling the tricolour inside a room and during the night were both crimes and hence Anna should be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning