Anna Hazare accuses trust of wrongly collecting money in his name
Varanasi: Accusing members of a charitable trust of hijacking his Jantantra Yatra, social activist and anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare on Wednesday said that some people were using his name to wrongfully collect donations.
During a press meet here, Hazare questioned the credentials of Sarv Seva Sangh, a charitable trust in Varanasi, and accused its members of printing receipts and receiving donations in his name.
"Some people have printed receipts and are collecting donations on my behalf without taking my permission. Whoever is printing the receipts... Should have taken my permission first. That is not right," Hazare said.
However, miffed at the allegations, members of the trust said, "How can Anna claim to be unaware of our organisation when he has visited us several times earlier."
Reacting to the incident, in-charge of the trust in Varanasi, Ram Dheeraj Bhai, said that Hazare was being misled by his associates.
Meanwhile, at the press meet, Hazare said he would launch a fresh agitation at the Ramlila grounds in New Delhi for the passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill in the winter session of Parliament.
"The government has cheated the nation. Even after two years, it failed to draft a Jan Lokpal Bill acceptable to the people," Hazare said.
Asked whether he would participate in a India Day Parade in New York on August 18, Hazare said he had given his consent regarding the same.
Hazare has been invited to take part in the annual Indian Independence Day parade organised by the Federation of Indian Associations` New York and New Jersey chapters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users