Anna Hazare again threatens govt with agitation
New Delhi: In an attempt to keep up pressure on the government, Anna Hazare on Monday said if the government does not come up with "proper" Lokpal Bill draft he
will go ahead with the proposed fast.
Hazare said the good thing about today`s meeting of
the joint drafting committee on Lokpal Bill was the
government`s attitude of saying "no has turned to yes".
"They told us that they will put our issues before
Cabinet. Now it is to see what decision the Cabinet takes. We
will give our draft tomorrow. Government`s draft will also go
before the Cabinet and rest of things will depend on Cabinet`s
"If Lokpal is not drafted effectively, we will go
ahead with our proposed agitation from August 16," he said.
He alleged that the government was not prepared to
provide power to people through Lokpal, it wants to retain
power in its hand.
"Whether our second protest succeeds or not, I am not
concerned. I believe in `Karma` without any expectations. If
the government goes on with this attitude, they would not be
cheating me but the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31