Anna Hazare and associates spent Rs 30 lakh on campaign
New Delhi: Anna Hazare and his associates
brought the government to its knees on the Lokpal Bill issue
through a campaign on which a little over Rs 30 lakh was spent
in the past one year.
According to details provided by `India Against
Corruption` (IAC), which spearheaded the campaign, it received
a total donation of Rs 82,87,668 while it spent Rs 32,69,900
for the campaign.
"We have issued receipts to all the donors and have
maintained a record of their details. We issued receipts on
account of Public Cause Research Foundation which is acting as
secretariat for the campaign," an IAC spokesperson said.
According to IAC, they spent Rs 9,47,344 for tent,
bed, sound system and hall booking for the Jantar Mantar
protest and other programmes. An amount of Rs 8,93,938 was
spent on telephone calls while another Rs 4,61,382 was spent
Rs 2,405 was spent on postage while the amount for
other expenses were: Printing (Rs 7,32,624), food (Rs 81,751),
medical expenses for those on fast (Rs 44,908), video-
recording (Rs 11,755) and stationary (Rs 6,940).
Jindal Aluminium made the highest donation of Rs 25
lakh followed by an individual Surender Pal Singh (Rs ten
lakh), Ramky (Rs five lakh) and Eicher Good Earth Trust and an
individual Arun Duggal Rs three lakh each.
HDFC Bank gave Rs 50,000 to the movement while Carmel
Convent School in Delhi donated Rs 20,000 for the IAC. The
Jammu and Kashmir Bank Ltd shelled out Rs 10,000.
"We received a donation less than Rs 5,000 from2,871
people which amounted to Rs 7,34,498," the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened