Anna Hazare `extremely weak`, hunger strike for Lokpal Bill enters eighth day
Zee Media Bureau
Ralegan Siddhi: As the Parliament debates on the contentious Lokpal Bill, anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare`s indefinite hunger strike pressing for passage of the ombudsman bill entered the eighth day on Tuesday.
Anna’s close aide Kiran Bedi today said the social activist is feeling weaker than yesterday. Here’s what Bedi tweeted:
Anna's health report being given by Doctors. Feeling weaker than yesterday. Ketones bw 3-4. Blood report awaited! Health fragile!
— Kiran Bedi (@thekiranbedi) December 17, 2013
Bedi also said that Anna and his supporters are closely watching the proceedings of Rajya Sabha, where the Lokpal debate is going on.
Suresh Pathare, Anna’s another aide said that the social activist "is feeling extremely weak", and has lost 4.70 kg weight.
"His health condition is worsening with the weight loss and the creatinine level crossing the normal levels and measured at 4-plus today (Tuesday), and the blood pressure was 142/82," Suresh Pathare told a news agency shortly after Hazare`s daily medical check-up Tuesday.
Rahul Gandhi thanked Anna and said that he is inspired by the social activist`s efforts to fight against corruption.
"We respect your (Anna Hazare`s) role and are grateful for your support," said Gandhi while replying to Anna`s letter.
Meanwhile, the rift between the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) led by Arvind Kejriwal and Anna Hazare, who was earlier Kejriwal`s mentor, has increased over the Lokpal Bill.
The AAP has rejected the legislation under consideration in Parliament, saying it was weak and would not prevent corruption, but instead work to "protect the corrupt".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead