Anna Hazare free to observe fast: Congress
Bhimnagar: Affirming UPA government`s
resolve to bring Lokpal Bill in the Winter session of
Parliament, Union Minister Sri Prakash Jaiswal on Saturday said
social activist Anna Hazare was free to observe fast in case
this did not happen.
"No Congress spokesmen has ever said that the Lokpal Bill
will not not be brought in the winter session of Parliament,
yet he (Anna) sometimes writes letters or issues statements,"
said Jaiswal, here in connection with Kalki mahotsav.
"If the government does not bring the bill in the
winter session, then he can proceed on fast. But if he (Anna)
is interested in politicising the issue, it is an altogether
different thing," the Minister told reporters here.
He said he had lodged a complaint regarding the recent
incident in which his helicopter was denied fuel in Rampur and
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Harish Rawat
said besides the Lokpal Bill, seven more bills would be tabled
in the Winter session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi