Anna Hazare free to observe fast: Congress
Bhimnagar: Affirming UPA government`s
resolve to bring Lokpal Bill in the Winter session of
Parliament, Union Minister Sri Prakash Jaiswal on Saturday said
social activist Anna Hazare was free to observe fast in case
this did not happen.
"No Congress spokesmen has ever said that the Lokpal Bill
will not not be brought in the winter session of Parliament,
yet he (Anna) sometimes writes letters or issues statements,"
said Jaiswal, here in connection with Kalki mahotsav.
"If the government does not bring the bill in the
winter session, then he can proceed on fast. But if he (Anna)
is interested in politicising the issue, it is an altogether
different thing," the Minister told reporters here.
He said he had lodged a complaint regarding the recent
incident in which his helicopter was denied fuel in Rampur and
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Harish Rawat
said besides the Lokpal Bill, seven more bills would be tabled
in the Winter session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron