Anna Hazare issue not handled well: Congress MP
New Delhi: Congress MP Praveen Singh Aron on Monday said the situation arising out of Anna Hazare`s fast for a strong Lokpal bill had not been handled well by the party in the absence of party chief Sonia Gandhi.
"The persons responsible to decide matters could not see the widespread public support and socio-political aspects of Hazare`s movement," he said in a letter to party general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Aron contended the issue was dealt with "inappropriately" and sought a "thorough inquiry" within the party to ascertain whether it was done deliberately or was a mistake.
He said the mishandling could have been a "deliberate attempt" to prevent Rahul Gandhi from becoming the prime minister or "damage visionary and unquestionably honest Prime Minister Manmohan Singh".
"The issue was handled with a techno-legal approach and not political far-sightedness", the Lok Sabha member from Bareilly claimed in his letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video