Anna Hazare issue not handled well: Congress MP
New Delhi: Congress MP Praveen Singh Aron on Monday said the situation arising out of Anna Hazare`s fast for a strong Lokpal bill had not been handled well by the party in the absence of party chief Sonia Gandhi.
"The persons responsible to decide matters could not see the widespread public support and socio-political aspects of Hazare`s movement," he said in a letter to party general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Aron contended the issue was dealt with "inappropriately" and sought a "thorough inquiry" within the party to ascertain whether it was done deliberately or was a mistake.
He said the mishandling could have been a "deliberate attempt" to prevent Rahul Gandhi from becoming the prime minister or "damage visionary and unquestionably honest Prime Minister Manmohan Singh".
"The issue was handled with a techno-legal approach and not political far-sightedness", the Lok Sabha member from Bareilly claimed in his letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'