Anna Hazare may make it to `Time` cover soon
Ralegan Siddhi: Social crusader Anna Hazare is going places. He is soon expected to figure on the cover of the prestigious Time magazine, an aide said here on Saturday.
Saturday morning, a team of Time photographers came and clicked Hazare from different angles at the Yadavbaba Temple complex where he lives.
"They have indicated that Hazare may feature on the cover of one of their forthcoming issues," an aide told a news agency.
Hazare`s nationwide campaign against corruption and crusade for a strong Jan Lokpal bill had caught the imagination of the masses, especially the youth in India.
Similarly, his campaign elicited support among Indians elsewhere in the world, including those in Tokyo and California, besides online and in social networking sites.
Recently, Pakistan social activists came to meet Hazare in Ralegan-siddhi and invited him to their country to boost the civil society movement there. Hazare has accepted the invitation and agreed to visit them at the earliest possible opportunity.
Last week, a life-like wax statue of Hazare went on permanent display at the Celebrity Wax Museum in Lonavala, a hill-station, around 120 km from Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption