Anna Hazare may make it to `Time` cover soon
Ralegan Siddhi: Social crusader Anna Hazare is going places. He is soon expected to figure on the cover of the prestigious Time magazine, an aide said here on Saturday.
Saturday morning, a team of Time photographers came and clicked Hazare from different angles at the Yadavbaba Temple complex where he lives.
"They have indicated that Hazare may feature on the cover of one of their forthcoming issues," an aide told a news agency.
Hazare`s nationwide campaign against corruption and crusade for a strong Jan Lokpal bill had caught the imagination of the masses, especially the youth in India.
Similarly, his campaign elicited support among Indians elsewhere in the world, including those in Tokyo and California, besides online and in social networking sites.
Recently, Pakistan social activists came to meet Hazare in Ralegan-siddhi and invited him to their country to boost the civil society movement there. Hazare has accepted the invitation and agreed to visit them at the earliest possible opportunity.
Last week, a life-like wax statue of Hazare went on permanent display at the Celebrity Wax Museum in Lonavala, a hill-station, around 120 km from Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened