Anna Hazare may make it to `Time` cover soon
Ralegan Siddhi: Social crusader Anna Hazare is going places. He is soon expected to figure on the cover of the prestigious Time magazine, an aide said here on Saturday.
Saturday morning, a team of Time photographers came and clicked Hazare from different angles at the Yadavbaba Temple complex where he lives.
"They have indicated that Hazare may feature on the cover of one of their forthcoming issues," an aide told a news agency.
Hazare`s nationwide campaign against corruption and crusade for a strong Jan Lokpal bill had caught the imagination of the masses, especially the youth in India.
Similarly, his campaign elicited support among Indians elsewhere in the world, including those in Tokyo and California, besides online and in social networking sites.
Recently, Pakistan social activists came to meet Hazare in Ralegan-siddhi and invited him to their country to boost the civil society movement there. Hazare has accepted the invitation and agreed to visit them at the earliest possible opportunity.
Last week, a life-like wax statue of Hazare went on permanent display at the Celebrity Wax Museum in Lonavala, a hill-station, around 120 km from Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress