Anna Hazare not in favour of pardoning Sanjay Dutt
Pune: Even as the chorus for clemency for actor Sanjay Dutt grew louder, social activist Anna Hazare on Saturday disapproved of the demand to pardon him in a case related to the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts.
"The judiciary has given its verdict. It is not proper to interfere with the court judgement," he told reporters here when asked to comment on the pleadings from various quarters and the Bollywood for Dutt`s pardon.
On March 21, the Supreme Court upheld the conviction of the 53-year-old actor under the Arms Act and sentenced him to jail for five years.
The veteran Gandhian, however, maintained that "those who love him have the right to seek pardon for him."
Besides Press Council of India chief Markandey Katju, a former Supreme Court Judge, some prominent personalties of Bollywood have sought pardon for the filmstar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!