Anna Hazare not in favour of pardoning Sanjay Dutt
Pune: Even as the chorus for clemency for actor Sanjay Dutt grew louder, social activist Anna Hazare on Saturday disapproved of the demand to pardon him in a case related to the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts.
"The judiciary has given its verdict. It is not proper to interfere with the court judgement," he told reporters here when asked to comment on the pleadings from various quarters and the Bollywood for Dutt`s pardon.
On March 21, the Supreme Court upheld the conviction of the 53-year-old actor under the Arms Act and sentenced him to jail for five years.
The veteran Gandhian, however, maintained that "those who love him have the right to seek pardon for him."
Besides Press Council of India chief Markandey Katju, a former Supreme Court Judge, some prominent personalties of Bollywood have sought pardon for the filmstar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter