Anna Hazare recovering in hospital
Gurgaon: Social activist Anna Hazare, who was admitted to a private hospital here on Friday, is recovering and will be discharged in a day or two, a doctor said on Saturday.
"Anna is not under stress at present. A team of doctors led by Naresh Trehan is keeping close watch on medical reports of Anna. He is better than Friday. Hopefully he will allowed to go home in a day or two," KL Sehgal, a senior doctor of Medicity Medanta, said.
"He is recovering and his vitals are stable. He was given food on the directions of a nutritionist. He needs more rest," he said.
Hazare, 75, was admitted to the hospital after he complained of cough, acidity and weakness.
In a message to his supporters from the in the intensive care unit, Hazare said: "I`m recovering and will soon meet the activists from January. I will go for awareness campaign across the country as scheduled."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends