Anna Hazare recovering in hospital
Gurgaon: Social activist Anna Hazare, who was admitted to a private hospital here on Friday, is recovering and will be discharged in a day or two, a doctor said on Saturday.
"Anna is not under stress at present. A team of doctors led by Naresh Trehan is keeping close watch on medical reports of Anna. He is better than Friday. Hopefully he will allowed to go home in a day or two," KL Sehgal, a senior doctor of Medicity Medanta, said.
"He is recovering and his vitals are stable. He was given food on the directions of a nutritionist. He needs more rest," he said.
Hazare, 75, was admitted to the hospital after he complained of cough, acidity and weakness.
In a message to his supporters from the in the intensive care unit, Hazare said: "I`m recovering and will soon meet the activists from January. I will go for awareness campaign across the country as scheduled."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row