Anna Hazare recovering in hospital
Gurgaon: Social activist Anna Hazare, who was admitted to a private hospital here on Friday, is recovering and will be discharged in a day or two, a doctor said on Saturday.
"Anna is not under stress at present. A team of doctors led by Naresh Trehan is keeping close watch on medical reports of Anna. He is better than Friday. Hopefully he will allowed to go home in a day or two," KL Sehgal, a senior doctor of Medicity Medanta, said.
"He is recovering and his vitals are stable. He was given food on the directions of a nutritionist. He needs more rest," he said.
Hazare, 75, was admitted to the hospital after he complained of cough, acidity and weakness.
In a message to his supporters from the in the intensive care unit, Hazare said: "I`m recovering and will soon meet the activists from January. I will go for awareness campaign across the country as scheduled."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!