Anna Hazare threatens to step up stir on Lokpal
Gadag: Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Tuesday threatened to intensify his movement for a strong Lokpal Bill if the UPA government failed to introduce it before the General elections next year.
He alleged that the Centre was "conspiring" to supress the anti-graft movement instead of punishing corrupt leaders. "...I will organise more youths to launch agitation against UPA government before Lok Sabha polls," he said.
He claimed that he would mobilise around six crore people by next year to prepare for dislodging the UPA Government if it failed to bring forward a strong Lokpal Bill. "This Bill can curb 90 per cent corruption along with legislations of right to recall and reject," he said.
Interacting with farmers in Tonradarya Mutt, Hazare asked various farmers` associations to unite to overcome their problems. "They have failed to get justice due to differences among various farmers` associations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh