Anna Hazare threatens to step up stir on Lokpal
Gadag: Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Tuesday threatened to intensify his movement for a strong Lokpal Bill if the UPA government failed to introduce it before the General elections next year.
He alleged that the Centre was "conspiring" to supress the anti-graft movement instead of punishing corrupt leaders. "...I will organise more youths to launch agitation against UPA government before Lok Sabha polls," he said.
He claimed that he would mobilise around six crore people by next year to prepare for dislodging the UPA Government if it failed to bring forward a strong Lokpal Bill. "This Bill can curb 90 per cent corruption along with legislations of right to recall and reject," he said.
Interacting with farmers in Tonradarya Mutt, Hazare asked various farmers` associations to unite to overcome their problems. "They have failed to get justice due to differences among various farmers` associations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters