Anna Hazare threatens to step up stir on Lokpal
Gadag: Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Tuesday threatened to intensify his movement for a strong Lokpal Bill if the UPA government failed to introduce it before the General elections next year.
He alleged that the Centre was "conspiring" to supress the anti-graft movement instead of punishing corrupt leaders. "...I will organise more youths to launch agitation against UPA government before Lok Sabha polls," he said.
He claimed that he would mobilise around six crore people by next year to prepare for dislodging the UPA Government if it failed to bring forward a strong Lokpal Bill. "This Bill can curb 90 per cent corruption along with legislations of right to recall and reject," he said.
Interacting with farmers in Tonradarya Mutt, Hazare asked various farmers` associations to unite to overcome their problems. "They have failed to get justice due to differences among various farmers` associations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Govt rejects ISIS video threat, says patriotism brimming in every Indian Muslim
- Loss of Y chromosomes ups Alzheimer's risk in men
- Ban on ABVP: BJP hints at action against Jammu University vice-chancellor
- US envoy calls on Syria rebels to respect truce
- Bond girl? Nah, not good enough! Priyanka Chopra has bigger dreams – Details inside