Anna Hazare threatens to step up stir on Lokpal
Gadag: Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Tuesday threatened to intensify his movement for a strong Lokpal Bill if the UPA government failed to introduce it before the General elections next year.
He alleged that the Centre was "conspiring" to supress the anti-graft movement instead of punishing corrupt leaders. "...I will organise more youths to launch agitation against UPA government before Lok Sabha polls," he said.
He claimed that he would mobilise around six crore people by next year to prepare for dislodging the UPA Government if it failed to bring forward a strong Lokpal Bill. "This Bill can curb 90 per cent corruption along with legislations of right to recall and reject," he said.
Interacting with farmers in Tonradarya Mutt, Hazare asked various farmers` associations to unite to overcome their problems. "They have failed to get justice due to differences among various farmers` associations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal