Anna Hazare threatens to step up stir on Lokpal
Gadag: Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Tuesday threatened to intensify his movement for a strong Lokpal Bill if the UPA government failed to introduce it before the General elections next year.
He alleged that the Centre was "conspiring" to supress the anti-graft movement instead of punishing corrupt leaders. "...I will organise more youths to launch agitation against UPA government before Lok Sabha polls," he said.
He claimed that he would mobilise around six crore people by next year to prepare for dislodging the UPA Government if it failed to bring forward a strong Lokpal Bill. "This Bill can curb 90 per cent corruption along with legislations of right to recall and reject," he said.
Interacting with farmers in Tonradarya Mutt, Hazare asked various farmers` associations to unite to overcome their problems. "They have failed to get justice due to differences among various farmers` associations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court likely to announce its order on Abu Jundal today
- PM Narendra Modi to hold NITI Aayog meeting for 15-year vision today
- Rio Games 2016: Hopes rest on Usain Bolt to lead athletics out of doping darkness