Anna Hazare to campaign only for Arvind Kejriwal`s party
Bhubaneswar: Social activist Anna Hazare on Saturday said he will campaign only for candidates put up by Arvind Kejriwal and ruled out the possibility of supporting people from other parties.
"I will campaign only for Kejriwal`s candidates," Hazare told reporters here. "There may be good people in other parties but who has the control?"
Criticising other political parties for indulging in politics in the name of caste and communities, the 75-year-old activist also accused them of practicing unfair means to collect donations.
He said other political parties collected huge donations from vested interests and corporates but break them into amounts less than Rs 20,000 to hide the identities of the don rs.
He also accused political parties of being controlled by individuals.
"I know Kejriwal. He has not done anything for himself. He is doing everything for the country," Hazare said, reiterating that he will however examine the candidates and back them only the deserving ones.
"I will check them. If they are found to be good, if they are proper candidates, I will campaign for those candidates," he said.
The India Against Corruption founder is on a three-day Odisha visit since Thursday. He addressed students, farmers and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal