Anna Hazare to end fast after Lok Sabha passes Lokpal Bill
Zee Media Bureau
Ralegan Siddhi: Minutes after the Rajya Sabha passed the Lokpal Bill, social activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday thanked the MPs of the Upper House for clearing the legislation.
"I thank on behalf of all citizens of this country all MPs sitting in the Rajya Sabha, except the Samajwadi Party members, for passing the Lokpal Bill," Hazare said at his fast venue here.
The Gandhian has been on fast for over a week now demanding Parliament pass the Lokpal Bill.
With the Lok Sabha set to take up the legislation tomorrow, Hazare expressed hope it will get passed in the Lower House as well.
"I believe that the Lok Sabha will also pass the Bill tomorrow."
The social activist, who has been fighting for the Bill for over two years now, said he will end his fast after the Lok Sabha passes the Bill.
"I appeal all Lok Sabha MPs to pass the Lokpal Bill – it is not me who has been demanding it but the entire nation," Hazare remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state