Anna Hazare to expand his core team
Ralegan Siddhi: In a bid to rejuvenate his movement, Anna Hazare on Friday decided to expand his core team by inviting prominent citizens like former Army chief Gen VK Singh besides considering formation of anti-corruption centres at district level.
At a meeting held here, Hazare said he wanted to have a more inclusive core group having members with experience in a variety of fields including policy making, activism, corporates, judiciary, police and electoral reforms.
"The movement will now be a registered one. Not like earlier. It will be a Trust. There will be a Code of Conduct. It is not free for all type. We have learnt from past experiences.
"It will have its headquarters in Ralegan Siddhi and other centres will act as support centres," activist Kiran Bedi, who attended the meeting, told a news agency.
She said Hazare will be sending letters inviting several eminent people in the coming days to join his core team.
Besides Gen Singh, those who will be approached by Hazare to join the movement include activists PV Rajagopal and Rajender Singh, former IPS officer Prakash Singh and media personality Minhas Merchant.
Former Team Anna members like Justice Santosh Hegde and agriculture expert Devender Sharma, who have not taken a political plunge, will also be approached, Bedi said.
"The movement will act as a think tank on policy making. This is an inclusive movement. He wants the movement to act as an apolitical watchdog," Bedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months