Anna Hazare to form national level trust
New Delhi: Anna Hazare on Tuesday held a series of meetings with his supporters, including former Army chief Gen V K Singh, to fine tune the next course of action, and announced that he will soon form a national level trust to run his movement.
He also a joined a protest, the first after his split with Arvind Kejriwal over the anti-corruption movement turning political, demanding release of Medha Patkar who is in detention in Madhya Pradesh.
"We will soon form a national level trust and announce its name. We are in the process of making a coordination committee which will have two representatives from each state. Working committee will also be formed soon," Hazare, who arrived here last evening, said.
Hazare said his objective was not to pull crowds but to work at the grass root level.
His day began with a lengthy meeting with the former Army chief and later he visited a locality in north-east Delhi checking for an office for his movement in the capital.
At the protest in support outside Madhya Pradesh Bhavan, he alleged the detention of Patkar shows that democracy is being murdered.
"Government is privatising public wealth. Whoever objects to it are harassed. Constitution is being bypassed. If Patkar is not released fast, we will launch an agitation," he said.
He also held meetings with volunteers at Maharashtra Sadan here. Activist Kiran Bedi was also present.
Sources said Hazare was to inaugurate the Delhi office of the movement during this visit but the choice of building in UP`s Kaushambi did not go well with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video