Anna Hazare to undergo eye surgery
Ralegan Siddhi: Ahead of his nationwide campaign for Ombudsman Bill, veteran social activist Anna Hazare will undergo an eye surgery in Pune.
Speaking to mediapersons here yesterday, Hazare said that he will tour the country to campaign for an effective anti-graft law and he needs to be physically fit.
"There are one and a half years left for the general elections to take place and as part of our movement, I have to travel around and spread awareness among people. I must be in a good health during the tours, but I have cataract in my eyes. I am going to Pune (to get it operated, so that the movement is not interrupted," he said.
Hazare along with like-minded associates had undertaken nationwide crusade against graft and nepotism in public life.
To this end, they had demanded the central government to enact the Lokpal (ombudsman) Bill with extensive powers for the Lokpal.
The decision of his close aide Arvind Kejriwal to float a political outfit was resented by Hazare and they parted ways.
So much so, Hazare has forbidden Kejriwal from using his name or photos during any political campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened