Anna Hazare to undergo eye surgery
Ralegan Siddhi: Ahead of his nationwide campaign for Ombudsman Bill, veteran social activist Anna Hazare will undergo an eye surgery in Pune.
Speaking to mediapersons here yesterday, Hazare said that he will tour the country to campaign for an effective anti-graft law and he needs to be physically fit.
"There are one and a half years left for the general elections to take place and as part of our movement, I have to travel around and spread awareness among people. I must be in a good health during the tours, but I have cataract in my eyes. I am going to Pune (to get it operated, so that the movement is not interrupted," he said.
Hazare along with like-minded associates had undertaken nationwide crusade against graft and nepotism in public life.
To this end, they had demanded the central government to enact the Lokpal (ombudsman) Bill with extensive powers for the Lokpal.
The decision of his close aide Arvind Kejriwal to float a political outfit was resented by Hazare and they parted ways.
So much so, Hazare has forbidden Kejriwal from using his name or photos during any political campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday